Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back From Lincoln

Im back from Lincoln! The journey took about 2/2 and a half hours. It was a really good week, lots of animals! the church was really nice, I'm sure we'll go back again.

I tried to wire up the thermostat for the incubator today. I'm using a 12V adaptor to wire it and there are 3 wires inside. I wired it all up properly and switched it on and nothing worked. I swapped the positive and negative around but it still didn't work.
Dad, Noel + Me all thought that the 3rd wire was the earth wire so ignored it.

I went round to Noels again and he tested it with a multimeter and got no readings, when we tested the 'earth' wire it turned out to be the positive. Bit confusing. But it all works now, so i just need to take a few bits off and put it all in the incubator. Noel said the readings were up and it was on 2.5 amps at 12V.

I was going to varnish the inside to keep humidity levels up, but Dad thinks the fumes would harm the chicks :S.
Theres someone in Quinton (about 1/2 hour away) with some quail eggs - 12 for £1.50 which is really good, so I might try and get those. He has some adults free to a good home too.

No comments: