Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday

Got up at 9.30.
I went back out into the garden with an apple in my hand and 2 hens and a cockerel ran over to me without even having food :) they remembered. When I started throwing the bits of apple a few more ran over but no chicks today :(. The lady who owns the church lives next door in ‘The Old Rectory’ and she was in her garden with a little black Labrador puppy, 10 weeks old. She was really nice and asked if we had things to do and offered us a bowls set; as long as I’ve got chickens I’m fine! Then another black and white dog came out and wouldn’t go back in, she said he was deaf.
There’s a broody hen in the stable where some chickens and the ducks sleep, hope the chicks hatch while we are still here! No eggs in the ark today.
We spent a few hours in Horncastle, with Mom & Dad looking at the antique shops. I bought the bulbs for my incubator (12V 20W) from a lighting shop, they were £3 for two in the lighting shop or £6.49 for two in Woolworths! Bargain. I also bought 2 chickeny books from a little book shop for £6, the woman in there knew exactly where each book was.
After there we went to Mablethorpe to the beach, then went round the shops still looking for a 12 Volt 2 Amp plug, but couldn’t find one.
We went to Louth at about 7, went into Spar for a sandwich and then to the cinema to see Mama Mia. It was a really good film, and was quite funny as well, they even got a round of applause at the end! The cinema was good, old fashioned and they had an interval in the middle and walked around selling ice cream.

No comments: